The International Coach Federation defines coaching as: Partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.
A professional coaching relationship exists when coaching includes a business agreement or contract that defines the responsibilities of each party. An ICF Professional Coach also agrees to practice the ICF Professional Core Competencies and pledges accountability to the ICF Code of Ethics.
Some Reasons People Hire A Professional Coach
- Feel stuck in an unsatisfying career.
- Wish to go into business for themselves.
- Need to develop their leadership presence in a focused and authentic way.
- Want to live a more balanced and fulfilling life.
- Want to take their company to the next level.
- Have some sticky business problems that need solving.
- Need to manage conflict more effectively.
- Wish to improve health and a sense of well-being.
A Professional Coach Works With People To:
- Identify goal(s)
- Develop a compelling vision
- Build confidence
- Develop clear and concrete action plans
- Maintain momentum and accountability
If you are interested in working with a coach, find one in our Find-a-Coach directory who most closely meets your needs. You can either browse through the entire list of coaches, or use the Advanced Search link to specify qualities that matter to you.